Friday 23 January 2015

Should children be allowed a mobile phone or not?




I think that a much debated subject within technology these days between parents is whether they should allow their child to have  a mobile phone or not?
I found a website where there is a healthy debate going on about this subject. Most parents agree that children should be allowed a mobile phone but there also a small amount that disagree.

I personally think that a child should be allowed a phone when they personally reach the age of when they are mature enough to know how to use it responsibly. I had a phone at the age of 9 years old but I only used this to play games on, i didn't have a phone with credit on until i was 11 years old and had started secondary school. This was the age that my mother felt i should have one, mostly because i had started secondary school and started going out with friends so she could contact me.
Children should be taught the advantages of having a phone and also the dangers of having a phone before being allowed a phone i think. The advantages are so that the parent can contact their child to know where they are and that they are safe when they go out. Unfortunately a disadvantage is that the children need to learn that they must not give their number out too any strangers as this could be themselves in danger.

No comments:

Post a Comment